Michael Viviani is a French artist born in 1981, in La Ciotat, France. He works and lives in Marseille.
His work is heavily inspired by movie and music posters, which he uses to meticulously recreate the life of a 1960’s & 70’s street billboard.
Capturing the playful innocence of soft porn movie posters from that period, his work has a naivety and an authenticity, which is present in both his movie and music work.
As with all masters of collage, he coherently and effortlessly manages to blend countless shreds of poster into one overall narrative, that presents the viewer with an authentic glimpse back in time.
- October 2014, Manufacture 284c, Marseille (solo exhibition).
- September 2013, Manufacture 284c, Marseille (solo exhibition).
- December 2013, Gallery Seize, Marseille (solo exhibition).
- October 2012 – 18th November, GGGallery, London (solo exhibition).
- September – 15th October 2012, 63 Bluxome Gallery, San Francisco
- August 2009, L’Oustau Calendal, Cassis, France.
- May 2008, La Chapelle des Pénitents Bleus, La Ciotat, France.
Select Group Exhibitions
- September 2019, ‘Gemlucart’, Monaco.
- May 2017, ‘Objects of Desire’, the APART summer show.
- November 2016, The APART 2016 Winter Exhibition / ONLINE.
- August 2015, ’15 Years APART’: Retrospective celebrating Apart’s 15th Birthday, London.
- December 2014, The London Winter Show, Ap-Art Gallery, London.
- December 2013, Manufacture 284c, Marseille.
- December 2013, The London Winter Show, Ap-Art Gallery, London.
- December 2013, Galerie Next, Toulouse, France.
- June 2013, The Apart Summer Exhibition, London.
- December 2012, The Apart Winter Exhibition, London.
- August 2012, The Apartment, London.
- June 2012, Lawnfest Charity Event, Kent.
- July 2012, Circulo de Bellas Artes, Tenerife.
- December 2011, Affordable Christmas Art Show, 63 Bluxome Gallery, San Francisco.
- June 2011, Lawnfest 2 Charity Event, Kent.
- August 2011, The Apart London Summer Show, London.
- April 2011, Jana Gallery, Paris.
- Feb 2011, The Affordable Art Fair, Brussels.
- June 2010, Lawnfest 2 Charity Event, Kent.
- June 2010, Apart Gallery celebrates 10 Years, Westbourne Grove, London.
- May 2010, French Kiss, Hong Kong.
- April 2010, Show at The Cobden Club, London.
- Nov 2009, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, London.
- June 2009, Lawnfest 2 Charity Event, Kent.